Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Let the madness begin, with Disney that is !











Ever since I can remember I have loved going to Disneyland. There's something about walking through the big gates and under the bridge and onto Main Street USA. Everything is so beautiful, the flowers are perfect, the streets are clean, the buildings are painted beautifully and the music is playing at the perfect volume. I completely forget the outside world and jump into Disney mode. I never go with a plan and never really look at the time, it just doesn't matter. On this trip to Disneyland it was very different. My dad brought my brother and sister out for a few days and I knew I had to go with them to Disneyland. It had been awhile since my last visit and I decided it would be Madisens' 1st. With a jam packed diaper bag (I love you Petunia Pickle Bottom), 1 stroller and a happy baby we left the house at 8:30 am. Little buns slept the entire ride down and was ready to go the minute I strapped her into the stroller. We are lucky enough to have a good friend of the family who has been working at Disney for 20 years get us into the park (Thank you Bobby). We meet up with my dad and the kids for a fun filled day of Mickey Mouse, a few rides and lots of good people watching. As the morning went on it just started getting warmer and warmer, the park started get more and more crowded and my skin was getting more and more red. At this point Madisen was sweaty and drinking every ones water but still happy. She loved watching all the people and listening to all the different noises. She fell asleep for about an hour and woke up ready to go again. We found lots of fun things to do in the air conditioned attractions. All in all we had a great day at Disneyland. Madisen met Mickey Mouse and had her picture taken with him, she also rode on the train around the park and loved it. We left around 7:30 and before we even made it to the freeway Madisen was fast asleep with her Mickey ears in hand. Thank you Walt Disney for having the imagination to come up with a place that families can go and make such wonderful memories.

No comments: