Thursday, July 17, 2008

Tuesday morning

I haven't blogged in such a long time. I've been so busy with Madisen and all of her doctor appointments. We're now on the home stretch of it all. This past Tuesday we dragged ourselves out of bed at 5am (on a normal day Mommy and Madisen get out of bed at 8am) and drove to Santa Monica for an MRI of Madisen's brain. But let me rewind to the night before so you understand why it was so torturous to get out of bed at 5. I started going back to my boxing conditioning class last Saturday. We've been doing lower body, upper body, abs and cardio, I can barely move the limbs on my body and it hurts to go up and down stairs and get out of bed. Madisen wasn't able to eat after 12 midnight and I think she knew. She woke up at 3am wanting a bottle and the only thing I could do was ignore her. I knew that if I went into her room she would think I was bringing one to her. She ended up falling back asleep without crying and was fine when I woke her up at 5. My mom was able to go with us since Dusty had to sleep longer and go to work that day. We made it to the appointment at 7:45am. Madisen did great, the anesthesiologist wished all his patients were like her. She was given some medicine that made her very sleepy and very floppy then she was given the IV to make her fall asleep. She did great and the MRI was successful and hopefully that is the last major procedure. Madisen has been making great progress over the past weeks. She is now crawling and putting herself into the sitting position on her own. She has also been feeding herself little snacks and playing pattycake on command. She is also a big 18lb'er and very tall. After going through all of these tests and doctors appointments with no real answers as of yet, I'm still happy we stuck with it. Madisen has the best doctors we could find, that are so proactive about getting to the bottom of why she was so delayed.

2 comments:

emily said...

So glad to hear Madisen is doing so well! We are so excited to see you all in just a few short weeks.

And your boxing class sounds like a killer class...I love those!

Lolo said...

Yeah for Madisen and yeah for you for being such a trooper! 5 am is painful! See you soon!